Bourne Wheelers are very saddened by the passing of long-standing club member Robin Day. Robin had been a keen cyclist for most of his life, riding for Norwood Paragon and racing in Belgium as a junior. He was a member of Bourne Wheelers for over 30 years, ending up as chairman of the Club, originally racing, but in his later years very keen to help junior riders and also very good with computers and spreadsheets sorting out race results and Time Trial handicapping for Bourne Wheelers’ leagues and the Hereward League. He was also on the committee of Lincolnshire Cycling Time Trials and would be the first to help out marshalling and sorting out the results of local and National events including the London to Edinburgh London ride. All Wheelers are very appreciative of all of the help and support he gave to the club. He will be greatly missed and their thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Dylan Teuns (BMC Racing) wins Stage 5 of the Tour de Wallonie and wins the race overall 12 hours ago
- Jempy Drucker (BMC Racing) wins Stage 4 of the Tour de Wallonie. Top-10 #TRW2017 https://t.co/eYzczOuUsT 1 day ago
- //INRNG: The Moment The Tour de France Was Won inrng.com/?p=31975 2 days ago
- Worth reading in the light of reports linking their star rider Pavel Sivakov to a neo-pro contract with Team Sky... twitter.com/BMCProTeam/sta… 2 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 127,374 hits