Bourne Wheelers held their Open 50 mile Time Trial at the weekend on the C50/2 course from Sleaford to Grantham and then Donington and back to Sleaford. A gruelling NW wind made for a very fast middle section, but a gruelling last 16miles to the finish. James Gelsthorpe (Peterborough CC) was the fastest rider beating Neil Palmer (VeloOne) by over four minutes, coming home in 1:49:22. Tom Thornely (Buxton CC) completed the podium. Of the three Bourne Wheelers who competed, Tom Comben narrowly missing out on the magic 2hr mark coming home in 2:01:12 and taking 5th place, Ian Davison came 26th (2:26:54) and Phil Galpin 29th (2:29:58).
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Stage 4 of the Tour Down Under has been brought forward an hour because of the hot weather. New stage forecast fini… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- //INRNG: Riders To Watch For 2018 inrng.com/2018/01/riders… 1 day ago
- Egan Bernal's VO2 Max is "like 90,91" ridemedia.com.au/features/egan-… 1 day ago
- European Court of Human Rights rules WADA's "Whereabouts" reporting system isn't a violation of rights after hearin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Viviani jumps, Ewan looks back and spots him https://t.co/DuHJ7ctHNS 1 day ago
- 132,150 hits