Bourne Wheelers held their Open 50 mile Time Trial at the weekend on the C50/2 course from Sleaford to Grantham and then Donington and back to Sleaford. A gruelling NW wind made for a very fast middle section, but a gruelling last 16miles to the finish. James Gelsthorpe (Peterborough CC) was the fastest rider beating Neil Palmer (VeloOne) by over four minutes, coming home in 1:49:22. Tom Thornely (Buxton CC) completed the podium. Of the three Bourne Wheelers who competed, Tom Comben narrowly missing out on the magic 2hr mark coming home in 2:01:12 and taking 5th place, Ian Davison came 26th (2:26:54) and Phil Galpin 29th (2:29:58).
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Omar Fraile (Astana) wins Stage 1 of the Tour de Romandie 2 hours ago
- Signed a contract with Boels today https://t.co/9xIGEpwVqp 6 hours ago
- Top-10 in #LBL https://t.co/cRN66skrxk 3 days ago
- Bob Jungels (Quick Step) wins Liège-Bastogne-Liège 3 days ago
- Alaphilippe playing the "gendarme" role perfectly, marking every chase move. Jungels has 37s but he'll surely need… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- 134,217 hits